It is, after all, one of nature's most potent, nutrient-dense traditional foods!*
Commercially made beef liver supplements are "desiccated," which means they're dehydrated with heat that can break down nutrients. Instead, we freeze-dry Smidge® Beef Liver capsules in small batches, a process that retains the majority of the precious vitamins and minerals you're seeking.
Here's more on what makes Smidge® Beef Liver pills so unique
Sourced from fresh, 100% grass-fed New Zealand beef
Non-defatted (full of fat-soluble vitamins)
High in naturally-occurring vitamin A, vitamin B12 and copper
Good source of riboflavin (vitamin B2) and folate (vitamin B9) and selenium
Works great with all-natural, whole food diets
No additives or fillers
Free of common allergens (No milk/casein, eggs, fish, shellfish, tree nuts, peanuts, wheat/gluten, yeast and soybeans.)
120 capsules (1-month supply)
Beef liver is the liver of the cow, which filters toxins and stores vitamins and minerals. It contains protein and essential vitamins and minerals, especially vitamin A. We source our beef liver from 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle in New Zealand.
What does beef liver do?
The lush liver filters toxins and stores vitamins and minerals. It's rich in protein and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.* But for a beef liver supplement to be beneficial, it must come from happy, healthy cows.
Smidge® Beef Liver is in its purest form; grass-fed, full fat and as close to nature as possible. The cows that help make this supplement graze only on vibrant green grass that sprouts from fertile soil in New Zealand.
Our customers take Smidge® Beef Liver for many reasons (cue the Popeye bicep!):
- To supplement an intense, muscle-building workout
- To support energy and brain function*
- To support dental health*
- To support the immune system*
- To build up vitamin levels as part of healing dietary protocols*
- To support child development and growth
- To promote a healthy, diverse bacterial balance in the gut microbiome*
Beef liver supplement nutrients and benefits
Check out beef liver's nutrients and benefits. The nutrient levels will vary, since they're naturally occurring (and that's a good thing!):
- Vitamin A: Supports vision, reproduction and kidney, heart and immune function*
- Protein: A building block of muscle, bone, skin, hair and blood; builds and repairs tissues and makes enzymes, hormones and other body chemicals
- Vitamin B12: Supports healthy brain function and the formation of red blood cells and DNA*
- Copper: Supports the activation of enzymes, which help regulate energy production, iron metabolism and brain function*
- Riboflavin: Supports cellular development and function and helps convert food into energy
- Folate: Supports cell growth and the formation of DNA
- Heme iron: Helps carry oxygen around the body (iron in liver is heme iron, the kind most easily absorbed by the body)*
- Choline: Supports brain development and liver function*
- Selenium: Supports cognitive function, immunity and fertility in both men and women*
Four capsules per day (see "low and slow" note below).
Adults: Begin with one capsule daily.
Children: Capsules may be opened for smaller portions or in support of sensitive digestive systems. Do not administer more than one capsule per day for toddlers/young children unless otherwise specified by a qualified medical practitioner.
How to take:
Smidge® Beef Liver capsules may be taken with food, juice or a smoothie. Your daily dose may be increased if needed or as recommended by your doctor.
If you're opening the capsule for just a portion of its contents, get ready for a strong flavor and dry texture :) You can mix it in with other foods like soup, yogurt, coconut milk, smoothies, or you can take a sip of fresh juice or a smoothie after taking it.
Start low and slow: Our supplements are premium, pure and potent. Therefore, it's critically important to start slowly, with a lower dosage than recommended. For example, a minimal dose every other day, or even once a week, until you can determine how the supplement affects your body and what feels right for you.