CuZn UC-200 Under Counter Water Filter – Wide Spectrum Model – 5 Year Ultra High Capacity – Made in USA
The Wide Spectrum Model UC-200 by CuZn
Long Lasting, Wide-Spectrum Under Counter Water Filtration System for Chlorine Treated Municipal Water. See the UC-200-85 Chloramine + Wide Spectrum Under Counter Water Filter if you are amongst the 15%-20% of folks that receive water treated with the alternative Chloramine Disinfectant.
(see notes below regarding how to determine which type of disinfectant is added to your water)
- INCREDIBLE CAPACITY/LIFETIME: 50,000g or 5 years! CuZn Backs The UC-200’s Performance with a 5 year Pro-Rated Warranty and all CuZn Products Carry a 90 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The UC-200 is Designed for use with Municipal Water not Private Well Water. The UC-200 is a Water Purification System, it is Not a Water Softening System.
- NO THIRD FAUCET HASSLE & SIMPLE TO INSTALL: Connects Directly to your Kitchen Sink’s Cold Water Line. Only Takes a Few Minutes. All You will Need is an Adjustable Wrench for Tightening Connections. NEW Install Video Instructions Available, See Product Description for Details. Questions or Non Standard Under Counter Plumbing? Send us an Email or Call CuZn’s Customer Support Team @ 800.345.PURE (7873)
- 3 STAGE FILTRATION PROCESS: Micro Sediment Membranes, KDF-55 & Coconut Shell Carbon. The UC-200’s Process Purifies the Water Without Removing Health Beneficial Hardness Minerals, The UC-200 DOES NOT REDUCE TDS READINGS, a PPM or TDS Meter is Not Effective for testing. To Monitor The UC-200 with Testing, Utilize DPD#1 Chlorine Test Strips and Replace when Chlorine Breakthrough is Detected. Want TDS Removal? Purchase CuZn’s 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis System
- BACTERIOSTATIC FILTRATION SYSTEM: Unlike Carbon Only Filters, The UC-200 is Bacteriostatic and Not Susceptible to Mold or Bacteria Growth
- 15.5″ tall x 4″ in diameter
- Made in USA
The UC-200 Wide Spectrum Under Counter Water Filter works beneath any home or office sink to filter up to 50,000 gallons of cold water on demand. Replace the UC-200 every 50,000 gallons or 5 years, whichever comes first. In addition to Micro Sediment Membranes, the UC-200 utilizes a patented combination of KDF-55 Filtration Media and Virgin Acid Washed Catalytic Coconut Shell Carbon Filtration Media that have been tested to NSF standard 42 and 61. The UC-200 will reduce a wide variety of organic and inorganic contaminants including but not limited to: chlorine, water soluble cation heavy metals (lead, mercury, chromium VI, cadmium, etc.), herbicides, pesticides, sediment, algae, molds, bad taste, odors and other undesirable contaminants that may effect the quality of your water supply. The UC-200 DOES NOT REDUCE TDS, a TDS or PPM meter is not effective for this type of filter. Use DPD#1 Chlorine Test Strips & replace when chlorine breakthrough is detected. Want TDS Removal? Purchase CuZn’s 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis System. The UC-200 purifies the water selectively, allowing beneficial mineral content to remain. Hardness Minerals (calcium & magnesium) will pass through the UC-200, the UC-200’s KDF-55 Media stage may reduce hard scale formation on heating elements like coffee makers but not eliminate it entirely. Unlike carbon only filters, bacteria can’t grow inside the bacteriostatic CuZn UC-200 Water Filtration System. The UC-200 requires virtually no maintenance and installs in about 5 minutes, hooking up to the cold water supply. When you turn on the cold water of your sink, it will all be CuZn pure. New video installation instructions are available, visit our website or search UC-200 Water Filter Install on Youtube. CuZn Water Systems, Est. 1987 UC-200 Features: Capacity: 50000 gallons, Contents: KDF-55 Filtration Media and Acid Washed Catalytic Coconut Shell Carbon. Flow rate: 2 gpm. Product Type: Undersink Water Filtration System. Country of Manufacture: USA
Don’t know if your have Chlorine or Chloramines….? Send us your Zip Code & we’ll check and see what your Municipal Water Treatment Facility is reporting.
– Email us Sales@healevations.com Live Chat or Call Us @ 1-888-471-4325
Alternatively, if you prefer to research yourself, visit the website of your Municipal Water Provider and review their Annual Water Quality Report (also called Consumer Confidence Report in some cases). When Chloramine is used instead of Free Chlorine, they’ll list the Disinfectant on the report as “Chloramines”, “MonoChloramine”, “Total Chlorine” or “Combined Chlorine”. If you can’t find the information regarding whether Chlorine or Chloramine is added to the water as a disinfectant, you can give the Municipal Plant a call to confirm. Of course, we’d be happy to do this for you as as well, simply provide us your zip code and we’ll do the rest!
Our Chloramine Wide Spectrum Models will remove both Chlorine & Chloramine if you would prefer to skip the research. However, the Chloramine Models due tend to be bit higher in price and the added cost isn’t necessary if your water is treated with the standard Free Chlorine Disinfectant.